Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Almost

At wits end, I'm determined
At the very beginning, I'm motivated
The sky was dark and heavy to hold
Brought to my knees pushing and struggling
Looking up rendering my most to be bold
I tried and tried or maybe I didn't
To face life and the world in front of me
At every whim my back I did turn
Away from you and them, but, me, I burned
An agonizing pain within gives way
Yielding to a façade of phoniness
Leading to a face of contentment and mediocrity
Entering into truth and knowledge and awareness
Acknowledging a fault line that separates me
Am I there yet?
I think I'm there waiting to walk in!

5 comments:

bLaQ~n~MiLD said...

Well get on ya good foot! LoL.

Nice poem yo.

~Damnit!

Promiscuous X said...

Yeah man this is definetly deep. Ium trying to read between the lines. You speaking about alot of issues man. Im conflicted LOL

ponoono said...

Am I there yet? wahahahhahahhahaa

Darius T. Williams said...

This is good...I say walk right on in!

Chet said...

There is a great deal of pain in this scribe, nice poem.